Information about accommodation reviews
Posted November 23, 2016—At Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board (HPEDSB), we are committed to achieving excellence, equity and well-being.
On Monday, November 21, 2016, the Board of Trustees approved accommodation reviews to begin in three regions of HPEDSB: City of Belleville, Centre Hastings and Prince Edward County.
An accommodation review happens through the school board, with public input, to determine the future of a school or group of schools. Accommodation reviews follow a very specific schedule over about seven months.
- Letter to families/students of affected schools, November 23, 2016 (Pdf)
- Accommodation review areas (Pdf)
- Timeline for an accommodation review (Pdf)
- Policy 15: Student Accommodation/School Capacity – Pupil Accommodation Review (Pdf)
Accommodation reviews have been approved for the Belleville and Madoc areas and a number of schools in Prince Edward County. School board officials will be working with principals to organize accommodation review committees (ARCs) in each area. The ARC acts as an official conduit for information shared between the school board and the school communities.
Members of an ARC include:
- the school principal or designate, one teacher and one non-teaching staff member
- three parents, one of whom is the school council chair or designate
- two municipal/business/community members
- one intermediate or secondary student
A series of public input and ARC working meetings will take place between January and spring 2017. The Board of Trustees will vote on final accommodation review recommendations in June 2017.
While we recognize the challenges ahead, this is an exciting time at Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board. We are looking forward to engaging with students, families and communities as we continue to focus on student achievement and well-being.
Questions about the accommodation review process can be directed to the Director’s Office at [email protected] 613.966.1170, extension 2201.
For more information, please contact: Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, [email protected]