Seven schools in the Belleville area are being outfit with rooftop solar panels.
Site visits happened in December. Equipment installation will begin in early January. Tie-in to the electrical grid is expected to be completed by the spring of 2016.
The seven schools are:
- Bayside Secondary School: 250 kW
- Centennial Secondary School: 250 kW
- Moira Secondary School: 80 kW
- Prince Charles School (Belleville): 40 kW
- Prince of Wales Public School: 75 kW
- Park Dale School: 60 kW
- Quinte Secondary School: 185 kW
This project emphasizes the school board’s environmental stewardship and energy conservation efforts. It also supports the use of green and renewable energy technologies.
The work will happen after school hours and on weekends.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, firstname.lastname@example.org