Congratulations to the 2015 Great Place Awards recipients
Congratulations to Great Place Awards recipients who contribute to student achievement and well-being, and who are held in high esteem through their demonstration of the Growing with Character core values.
14th Annual Great Place Awards
The Great Place Awards (webpage) are the highest recognition within Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board. These prestigious awards recognize outstanding contributions by students, employees, parents and guardians, and community partners.
The 2015 Great Place Award recipients are:
- Kirsten Babb, Teacher, Moira Secondary School
- Kelly Briggs, Community Partner, Military Family Resource Centre
- Lee Ann Clark, Educational Assistant, Trenton High School
- Jim Doyle, Teacher, Moira Secondary School
- Kim Foley, Educational Assistant, Madoc Township Public School
- Monika Gajdosik, Teacher, Queen Elizabeth School (Picton)
- Brad Hendrick, Repair Technologist, Education Centre
- Jackie Howat, Volunteer, Madoc Public School
- Sheila Vincent, Volunteer, Tweed Elementary School
- Liz Watson, Teacher, Stirling Public School
“All the nominations told wonderful stories about the person being nominated and how he or she has contributed to student achievement and well-being. The committee had a challenging task to review each one, then through discussion, determine which would become finalists,” said Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer and committee chair.
Award recipients will be recognized and presented with their award at a public Board meeting, as follows:
Date: Monday, May 25, 2015
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Education Centre, 156 Ann Street, Belleville
The Great Place Awards Committee received 21 nominations representing employees, volunteers, and community partners. The nomination criteria aligns with the Board’s eight Growing with Character core values: caring, cooperation, honesty, humour, integrity, respect, responsibility and trustworthiness.
Thank you to the Great Place Awards Committee for their respectful and caring review of the nominations:
- Cameron Barry, Student Trustee, Centre Hastings Secondary School
- Jennifer Cobb, Trustee
- Paul Covert, Parent Involvement Committee Representative
- Geoff Cudmore, The HPE Learning Foundation
- Bonnie Danes, Trustee
- Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer & Committee Chair
- Lee-Anne Kerr, Parent Involvement Committee Chair
- Shelley Mackenzie-Coates, Principal, Centre Hastings Secondary School
- Alyssa Mifflin, Student Trustee, Centennial Secondary School
- Karen Morrow, Teacher, Bayside Secondary School
- Steven Payne, Systems Analyst
- Shelley Steele, Safe Schools Supervisor
- Wendy Sutherland, Safe Schools Child & Youth Counsellor
- Susan Sweet, The HPE Learning Foundation
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, firstname.lastname@example.org