Ontario Child Health Study 2014
Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board is one of 69 school boards in Ontario participating in the 2014 Ontario Child Health Study (OCHS). The purpose is to study the physical & mental health of Ontario children and youth aged 4-17. letter about the study (pdf)
The study is being conducted by the 2014 OCHS research team at the Offord Centre for Child Studies in partnership with three Ontario ministries:
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care
- Ministry of Child and Youth Services
The goals of this study include the following:
- Compare patterns and levels of mental disorder in Ontario with estimates generated 30 years ago from the 1983 Ontario Child Health Study.
- Find out if the levels of disorder are linked to family income and poverty levels.
- Find out if children and families are receiving the services they need.
- Identify how families, neighbourhoods and schools can reduce the risk for children’s mental health problems.
Additional information, including how to participate in this study, is online at http://ontariochildhealthstudy.ca/
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, [email protected]