Community members are invited to drop-off household electronic waste for free. These events are school fundraisers and provide a safe way to dispose of electronics. They are hosted in partnership with with the Ontario Electronic Stewardship .
Look for the Ontario Electronic Stewardship recycling bin.
The schools will receive funds based on the amount collected.
EVENT 1, Sir John A. Macdonald Public School 
DATE: Saturday, April 26, 2014
TIME: 9:00 a.m. to 3:0o p.m.
LOCATION: Sir John A. Macdonald Public School, 22 Harder Drive, Belleville
EVENT 2: Adventure Class  at Queen Victoria School
DATE: May 26 – 31, 2014
LOCATION: Parking lot at Dewe’s Independent Grocery Store, 420 Dundas Street East, Belleville
TIME: Monday to Friday: 12:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.; Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Event poster  (PDF)
List of electronic waste accepted by the Ontario Electronic Stewardship Poster showing acceptable items  (PDF)
- Display devices, such as monitors and televisions
- Desktop computers
- Portable computers
- Computer peripherals
- Printing, copying and multifunction devices
- Telephones and telephone answering machines
- Cellular devices and pagers
- Home theatre-in-a-box (equalizers, amplifiers, speakers, tuners and turntables)
- Aftermarket vehicle audio and video devices
- Image, audio and video devices (home, non-portable)
- Image, audio and video devices (personal, portable)
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, [email protected]