Congratulations to the 2014 Great Place Awards recipients
Congratulations to Great Place Awards winners who contribute to student achievement and who are held in high esteem through their demonstration of Growing with Character.
13th Annual Great Place Awards
The Great Place Awards are the highest form of recognition within Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board. These prestigious awards recognize outstanding contributions by students, staff, volunteers and community partners.
The 2014 Great Place Awards recipients are:
- Beverly Affleck, Teacher, Prince Edward Collegiate Institute
- Chris Barry, Police Officer, Belleville Police Service
- Jane Bonter, Educational Assistant, Madoc Township Public School
- Kate Cockburn, Teacher, North Hastings High School
- Cindy Cooper, Teacher, Moira Secondary School
- Eileen Lucas, In-school Resource Teacher, Madoc Public School
- Reta Sporring, Volunteer, Sir John. A. Macdonald Public School
- Sadie Stewart, Teacher, Centre Hastings Secondary School
- Gerarda Wagenmakers, Teacher, Hermon Public School
“All the nominations told wonderful stories about the person being nominated and how he or she has contributed to student achievement and well-being. The committee had a challenging task to review each one, then through discussion, determine which would become finalists,” said Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer and committee chair.
Award recipients will be recognized and presented with their award at the public Board meeting, as follows:
Date: Monday, May 26, 2014
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Education Centre, 156 Ann Street, Belleville
The Great Place Awards Committee received 19 nominations. The nomination criteria aligns with the Board’s eight Growing with Character attributes which are: caring, cooperation, honesty, humour, integrity, respect, responsibility and trustworthiness.
Thank you to the Great Place Awards Committee for their respectful and caring review of the nominations:
- Jennifer Cobb, Trustee
- Geoff Cudmore, The HPE Learning Foundation
- Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer & Committee Chair
- Susie Emerson, Student Senator, Centennial Secondary School
- Thelma Goodfellow, Trustee
- Bailey Kimball, Student Senator, Quinte Secondary School
- Shelley Mackenzie-Coates, Principal, Centre Hastings Secondary School
- Karen Morrow, Teacher, Bayside Secondary School
- Steven Payne, Systems Analyst
- Shelley Steele, Safe Schools Supervisor
- Susan Sweet, The HPE Learning Foundation
- Wendy Sutherland, Safe Schools Child & Youth Counsellor
- Doug Thur, President, Hastings & Prince Edward Occasional Teachers’ Local
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, firstname.lastname@example.org