Adventure Class Information Night, Wednesday, February 19, 2014
Get to the heart of your child’s education with a unique experience at elementary school. The Adventure Class is a unique education program where students in Grades 1 – 6 learn with the shared support of teachers, families and the community. The program is offered at Queen Victoria School.
Adventure Class brochure (pdf)
DATE: Wednesday, February 19, 2014
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Queen Victoria School, 46 Pine Street, Belleville
TAKEAWAYS: A presentation of the program, the application process, Q&As and classroom tours
- The Adventure Class is a community of multi-age learners with an emphasis on real-life learning and discovery.
- Older students help younger students and families share their skills, with a strong community focus.
- Technology is integrated through programming. Both classrooms are equipped with SMART Boards and iPad technology.
- The Adventure Class community extends to all family members including parents/guardians, grandparents and older siblings who regularly volunteer in the classroom.
Learning outside the classroom can include the following:
- Monthly visits to the Belleville Public Library and Art Gallery
- Hands-on workshops led by local artists, storytellers and musicians
- Planned community events, such as Family Day at the H.R. Frink
- Outdoor Education Centre, Student Art Auction
- Local and out-of-town excursions to museums, farms, and markets
- Weekly physical education outside the classroom (12 weeks of skating and 12 weeks of swimming)
- Overnight excursions for Junior students
- Family camping trip in June for both classes
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, firstname.lastname@example.org