**January 7, 2014: Five PE County schools closing to students due to hazardous driving**
9:23 a.m., January 7, 2014: Five schools are being closed to students today due to extremely hazardous driving conditions in Prince Edward County.
The affected schools are:
- Athol-South Marysburgh Public School
- C.M.L. Snider School
- Pinecrest Memorial Elementary School
- Prince Edward Collegiate Institute
- Queen Elizabeth School (Picton)
Very few students are at each of those schools today. Staff will remain at the schools until all students have been picked up.
All permits for community use of these schools are cancelled for this evening.
The following three schools in the north part of Prince Edward County remain open because driving conditions are not as hazardous there:
- Kente Public School
- Massassaga-Rednersville Public School
- Sophiasburgh Central School
All other HPEDSB schools remain open.
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, email@example.com, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354.