- Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board (HPEDSB) - http://www.hpedsb.on.ca -

Gas leak contained at Quinte Secondary School

Quinte Secondary School had a gas leak this morning at 8:20 a.m. The fire alarm was pulled and the school was evacuated according to emergency procedures. Students and staff went to the nearby Metro grocery store and Maranatha Church to keep safe and warm.

Fire officials responded right away and found a gas leak in a stove in the Foods Room. The gas line to the stove has been shut off. The stove is out of service and will not be used until repairs are completed by a licensed contractor.

The fire department gave the all clear to re-enter the building at 8:40 a.m.

We are pleased to report that students and staff followed our emergency response procedures and responded appropriately. All are safe and school activities have returned to normal.

For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, kdonnell@hpedsb.on.ca

Copyright © 2017 HPEDSB Board Site. All rights reserved.

Address: 156 Ann Street, Belleville, Ontario, Canada K8N 3L3 Phone: +1 613 966-1170 Toll-free: +1 800 267-4350 Fax: +1 613 961-2003
General Email: information@hpedsb.on.ca Technical Email: webmaster@hpedsb.on.ca