May 6 – 10, 2013 is recognized as Education Week in Ontario. The provincial theme is Moving from Great to Excellent in Education.
Here is a look at events planned at some schools.
ATHOL-SOUTH MARYSBURGH PUBLIC SCHOOL
- Monday: Golf clinic for students in Grades 4 – 8. Artist Marg McIntrye with Grade 6 and 7 students.
- Tuesday: Volunteer & Bus Driver Tea Social
- Wednesday: Celebration of Dance
- Thursday: Artist Marg McIntrye with Grade 5, 6 and 8 students. School open house in the late afternoon
- Friday: Artist Marg McIntrye with Grade 1 – 5 students. Carnation sale for Mother’s Day, proceeds to the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation
BREADNER ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- Monday & Tuesday: Class trips to the H.R. Frink Outdoor Education Centre
- Wednesday: Volunteer Appreciation Social. Celebration of Dance
- Thursday: Student Talent Show
FOXBORO PUBLIC SCHOOL
- Tuesday, Thursday and Friday: Scholastic Book Fair
- Thursday: Celebration of Dance, 3:00 p.m. at the school
- Thursday evening: Books & Blankets Family Literacy Night, 6:30 p.m.
- Friday: Peg and the Yeti Dramatic Performance for JK-3 (Thousand Islands Playhouse’s Young Company) at 2:00 p.m.
PRINCE EDWARD COLLEGIATE INSTITUTE
- Monday: Pedal for Hope celebration and assembly
PRINCE OF WALES PUBLIC SCHOOL
- Tuesday: Celebrate the Hero with Nick Foley. Wear green to raise awareness of mental health.
QUEEN ELIZABETH SCHOOL (PICTON)
- Monday: Grade 8 students: participating in the Skills Canada/Ontario Elementary Career Awareness Workshops in Waterloo, Ontario. Grade 6 and 7 students will participate in Pedal for Hope, with a kick-off celebration at Prince Edward Collegiate Institute. Junior/Senior Kindergarten and Grade 1/2 students will begin rearing butterflies
- Tuesday: WildCat Cafe, featuring education through nutrition and interactive cooking. School-wide reading buddies
- Wednesday: Wear green to raise awareness of mental health. School-wide Celebration of Dance, including students from Pinecrest Memorial Elementary School
- Thursday: D.A.R.E. presentation (Drug Abuse Resistance Education) for Grade 6 students
- Friday: Grade 2/3 students: Salmon Release Project, with a live release in the Coburg River
QUEEN VICTORIA SCHOOL
- Wednesday: Community Pancake Breakfast. Celebration of Dance
- Thursday: Community Walk
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, firstname.lastname@example.org