Congratulations to Great Place Awards recipients
Congratulations to Great Place Awards winners who contribute to student achievement and who are held in high esteem through their demonstration of Growing with Character.
12th Annual Great Place Awards
The Great Place Awards are the highest form of recognition within Hastings and Prince Edward District School Board. These prestigious awards recognize outstanding contributions by students, staff, volunteers and community partners.
The 2013 Great Place Awards recipients are:
- Tracey Chapman, Inter-departmental Special Education Head, Centre Hastings Secondary School
- Margaret Davis, Volunteer, Queen Elizabeth School (Picton)
- David Frederick, Lead Hand Custodian, Earl Prentice Public School
- Colleen Galway, Volunteer, Pinecrest Memorial Elementary School
- Judy Hatton, Volunteer, Hermon Public School
- Greer Koutroulides, Teacher, Prince Edward Collegiate Institute
- Niki Petti, Peer Tutor, Quinte Secondary School
- Dustin Wilson, Student, Trenton High School
- Sean Boomhower, Janet Boyd, Roberta Clancey, Kelly Craig, Audrey Lemieux, Rhonda Pickstock and Amy Thompson, Educational Assistants, Tyendinaga Public School
- Grade 7 Destinations Programme Students,Harry J. Clarke Public School:
- Victoria Bailey, William Bardwell, Hatim Belhadjhamida, Mackenzie Bennett, Corey Cameron, Abhaysinh Chudasama, Margaret Doidge, Olivia Greaves, Michael Haddad, Rowan Haddock, Ryan Jaeger, Kevin Li, Erin Locke, Brady Lumley, Robin MacKinnon, Kaylen McCormack, Alexander McPherson, Monisha Mohan, Mariam Niazi, Travis Rendell, Alexandra Schildknecht, Amy Stringer, Holly Tetzlaff
- Jenna Belanger, Richard Belanger, Ethan Belton-Dalpee, Michael Berry, Quin Botly, Nicole Cao, Aiden Dubyk, Sophia Douglas-Najem, Ryan Forgrave, Isaac Fullerton, Paola Gonzalez Romero, Saud Haseeb, Nevan Hinks, Eve Hoskin, Brylie Ivey, Evan Lumbers, Mackenzie McGuire, Pedram Mollahajian, Victoria Moses, Sneha Patel, Brady Potter, Alexander Tse, Madeleine Yee
“All the nominations told wonderful stories about the person being nominated and how he or she has contributed to student achievement. The committee had a challenging task to review each one, then through discussion, determine which would become finalists,” said Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer and committee chair.
Award recipients will be recognized and presented with their award at a public Board meeting, as follows:
Date: Monday, June 17, 2013
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Education Centre, 156 Ann Street, Belleville
The Great Place Awards Committee received 27 nominations representing students, employees and volunteers. The nomination criteria aligns with the Board’s eight character attributes: caring, cooperation, honesty, humour, integrity, respect, responsibility and trustworthiness.
Thank you to the Great Place Awards Committee for their respectful and caring review of the nominations:
- Christine Blakely, Child & Youth Counsellor
- Karen Chow, President, Hastings & Prince Edward Occasional Teachers’ Local
- Paul Covert, Parent Involvement Committee Co-chair
- Geoff Cudmore, The Hastings and Prince Edward Learning Foundation
- Hannah Dustin, Student Representative from Bayside Secondary School
- Thelma Goodfellow, Trustee
- Sue McKeown, Office Supervisor, Centre Hastings Secondary School
- Karen Morrow, Teacher, Bayside Secondary School
- Steven Payne, Systems Analyst at the Education Centre
- Rebecca Posthumus, Student Representative, Bayside Secondary School
- Tonia Shelmerdine, Vice-principal, Queen Elizabeth School (Picton)
- Susan Sweet, The Hastings and Prince Edward Learning Foundation
For more information, please contact:
Kerry Donnell, Communications Officer, 613-966-1170 or 1 800 267-4350, extension 2354, email@example.com